Friday, April 8, 2011

Feeding the Monster

RAAWWRRR. This is the sound of a monster. Or, in our case, the monster's tummy. Poor Toby's tummy was ready for solid foods several weeks ago but, due to traveling and such, I held him off until just last week. But now we're two weeks into the wonderful world of rice cereal, green beans, squash, and peas and we're loving it. Or at least we're entertained by it! ^_^ And now, you can be too!
At first, Toby would only eat cereal in his favorite place - the bathtub

"You want me to replace my thumb with whaaat?"

"If I have to eat, I think I prefer the plastic."

Next step, green beans in the high chair

"This isn't as good as I imagined it would be - bring back the cereal!"

"Hey cameraman, can you save me from the cafeteria lady?"

Moving on to squash...much more acceptable

Squash is excellent for your skin, everyone says so

Toby's done such a good job at eating, even the green beans after the first introduction. We've now moved him on to peas (yuck, I know) and have a lineup of carrots, spinach, and sweet potatoes before giving him bananas and applesauce. No allergic reactions thus far, and all indications point to Toby loving mealtime. Finally, the monster's tummy is satisfied!

Love in Christ ~ Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness he's so big!

    Seriously no seriously, I'm calling you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete