Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Check, check, and...check

I would hazard a guess and say that everyone loves a sense of accomplishment. Maybe not as much as I do, but everyone has to. There's something almost magical about surveying recent history and seeing how many things have been marked off the mental (or written, as the case may be) "to-do" list. And don't think you don't have a "to-do" list...you just may not love yours quite as much as I do.

This past weekend, I graduated- give that one a ginormous check mark. Grad school is over, at least until I decide to pursue a Ph.D. It was a nice feeling, though a little anticlimactic. Here I left my job last year to shift careers and now the first big step is over. There weren't any balloons falling from the skies or golden sparkles revealing a fairy-tale door for me to step through to my future...but there were bagpipes. Can't forget the bagpipes. Apparently, Arizona State's business school has a local pipe and drum corps play during the processional every year. Since I missed out on an undergraduate ceremony, I'm so glad I went to my commencement and caught them this year. Just about made the whole school year worth it! And for those who want proof that I graduated, or for those who are waiting to see the famous "baby bump" photo, here it is!



OK, so it's entirely possible I stole the cap and have a (small) pillow stuffed under my shirt, but that's less believable than me actually graduating as a pregnant lady, right? Plus, it was pretty hot that morning, and I wouldn't have gone to the trouble just to fool you. Trust me.

The other big check mark goes to my new baby registry. My awesome mom was able to stay in Phoenix a few extra days with me and get me rolling on the nursery/kiddo planning. Thank you, Mom! Babies R Us probably wouldn't have known how to handle my ignorance if I had been on my own! It was a tiring process, but so nice to have the initial registry out of the way. I had NO idea babies needed so much stuff. Now we can just make changes as the whim strikes us (or when J.Paul vetoes some of my many cute blanket choices). And, of course, now we wait on Tobin to come join the family and enjoy some of the goodies we've picked out for him!! Hurry up, Tobin!

Love in Christ (the giver of all things, including accomplishments) ~ Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment