Monday, September 6, 2010

Showered with Love

Yes, I'm finally posting about my baby shower, which was last weekend. Two friends from our church small group - Peggy and Taylor - did a beautiful job with everything and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was a lunch affair with a DIY salad spread and cupcakes - yummy! Peggy had the shower in her home and she's a phenomenal decorator. The theme followed Tobin's room decorations: Things that go. Check out the banquet table!
After lunch, we played a couple of games. For the first, you had to examine a chocolate bar that had been smeared in the bottom of a diaper to figure out what kind it was. The winner, Libby (one of my friends from school), got them all right. I only got one out of the six...maybe it's a good thing I'm not good at dissecting diaper contents? For the second game, Peggy had frozen little plastic babies (like in Mardi Gras cakes) in cups of water and the first person to get the baby out won. It was some pretty stiff competition and the girls got very creative!


The girls were so generous in giving us clothes, toys, and other goodies for Tobin. Here are a few 'gift' pictures, including a picture of the baby quilt that J.Paul's mom made:



Here are a few more pictures of all my friends, my moms, and the wonderful hostesses...no comments on my large size, please!


There are several more pictures on my Picasa website for you to look at if you'd like.
Thank you, Taylor and Peggy, for the beautiful shower and the great memories!

Love in Christ ~ Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment