Thursday, April 8, 2010

Parenting

Yes, I know you already read a post from me today. Is that OK - am I allowed two in one day? Well, guess it's my blog and I'll post if I want to.

Talk about adjustments, I just received a Parenting magazine in the mail. Me, Valerie Chambers, a parent. Yikes! Most people reading this are already parents and have thought about this. Been there, done that. But WHOA, it's huge for me to think now of the responsibility that goes with that one word. Parent. A song came on the radio on my way home this evening that I've heard before but it hasn't meant anything like what it does now. If you have a few minutes, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSx98jbt37Y. Song name is Watching You by Rodney Atkins. And that's what kids do, watch their parents for an example of what to do and say. Pretty strong stuff. I imagine I'll be spending a lot of time praying for wisdom and forgiveness, as well as learning how to be humble enough to admit to my own child when I'm wrong. Please already start praying for J.Paul and I as we use the next 6 months as a time of preparation to be the parents God calls us to be.

Love in Christ ~ Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment